Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Don't Forget...


Forgetting is harder than people think, or maybe is harder for some of us than others. I can’t really forget, all I do is try to trap all those sad memories or happy memories that I know I'm no longer going to have and lock them away in a small box and push it all the way to the back of my mind. Yes, even those happy memories that I’m no longer going to have because after remembering them they make me sadder than the sad memories. Sad because it hurts knowing that I’m never going to be there again, I’m never going to be with them again.

When I work late at nights and I’m driving back home, and I realize I forgot to keep my box locked, I start feeling the warm tears flowing down my face. I think almost all my past memories eventually start to make me feel sad. However, I’m happy at this point of my life. I see my kids growing and I’m building up memories. Happier memories, memories that I can look back and smile and even laugh about.

Forgetting is hard…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...